large sweet potatoes, chopped in ½ inch rounds or halves
cups Brussels sprouts, halved
fresh figs, quartered
feta, broken into bits
1 ¼ Cups
olive oil (for the veg)
white wine vinegar
Roast the Sweet Potatoes and sprouts
- Preheat the oven to 415 (200ºC). Spread the sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet. Coat with olive oil and salt to taste sea salt (hands do the best job for even coating).
- Roast sprouts for 20 minutes until caramelized. At this point, flip the sweet potatoes for a further 15 – 20 minutes, until golden-brown on both sides and bit crispy.
- Take them out to cool a little.
Make the Quinoa
- While the veg is roasting, follow the package instructions for the quinoa. Aim for fluffy, not stodgy and not crunchy.
Make the dressing
- Get a deep bowl or a shaker and add the olive oil, vinegar and mustard. Mix well with a whisk until well combined. If using a shaker, seal it up and shake until combined.
Build the Salad
- Get a big bowl. Remember, this serves 8!
- Put the rocket, to a large serving bowl. Add the sprouts, sweet potatoes and quinoa, 2/3 of the feta, ½ the pomegranate seeds, 2/3 figs and pour over ½ the dressing.
- Toss it all the combine… There’s a lot in there, so you might want to use your hands to toss everything thoroughly.
- Top the salad with the remaining feta, pomegranates, figs and dressing to make it pretty!