Falafels have long been one of our favourite mediterranean pita fillings, but they're often fried and a little unhealthy. So, we decided to make a midlife-middle-friendly version, packed full of delicious herbs, garlic and more! Enjoy :)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F / 200°C and line a large baking sheet with baking paper or a silicone mat.
- In a food processor, place ALL the chickpeas and other ingredients. Pulse until well combined but not pureed. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl. If you think it’s too coarse, pulse one round at a time to avoid making hummus!
- Use a, ice cream scoop/ 2 tablespoons of mixture and your hands to form the mixture into 12 to 15 thick patties/ balls (don’t pack them too tight or your falafel will be dense). If they're crumbling, give the mixture a few more pulses in the food processor.
- Place the patties on the baking sheet. Drizzle over more olive oil (this is the key to crispy patties without frying)
- Bake for 14 minutes. Flip and bake for 10 to 12 minutes more or until golden brown and crisp on the outside.
- Let the patties cool for a few minutes before you enjoy them with a scrumptious pita or a veggie bowl – or even just on their own with your favourite dip!